Principal’s Newsletter 10/29/20

As Salaamu ‘Alaikum ICN Noor Academy Families,
Due to the circumstances posed by the COVID-19 pandemic our school has seen a decline in enrollment of a little over 50%.  This was one of the topics brought up at the Coffee With The Principal meeting last week and several families voiced their support by offering to help raise funds to make up for some of the loss the school is experiencing.  Some parents requested a brief statement of the situation.
Below is a breakdown of our operations budget.

  • ICN Noor Academy derives about 99% funding from tuition, and the remaining 1% from donations, and funds raised by the PTC.
  • Of this budget, 76% is spent on staff salaries, and 24% is spent on other operating expenses such as rent, licenses for curriculum, professional development, educational materials, etc.
  • Any surplus is returned to the ICN masjid

The decrease in income this year is greater than the decrease in expense, which explains the loss each month.  ICN Noor Academy reports directly to the ICN board and president. The ICN board feels it is important to continue providing a choice for quality Islamic and secular education to the families of our community.

For those who would like to support us in raising funds or finding additional sustainable sources of income, we welcome your ideas.  Please feel free to contact me directly (mali@icnmasjid.org), or you can get in touch with our PTC co-coordinators, Nadia Awan (nmkhan926@gmail.com) or Sonia Arsalan (soniaarsalan1@gmail.com).  This way your ideas can be supported and turned into actions.

There is some good news.  The Parent Teacher Committee held their first meeting last Friday, and al hamdulillah they have already generated some exciting ideas to stir up the school spirit and make this year more fun and enriching inshaAllah.  They are warming up with Crazy Hair / Crazy Hat Day, but stay tuned for more great things to come!

REMINDERS……
No school Tuesday November 3rd – Election Day – PLEASE VOTE!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH IS…

Students can show their SCHOOL SPIRIT

by attending classes in their wackiest hairstyles or hats!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s