As Salaamu ‘Alaikum FTS Families,
The Kindergarten class has taken on a special project mashaAllah! Its’s called the “Us Against Hunger” campaign. Our students are teaming up with Zakat Foundation in raising awareness and funds for the campaign against hunger, worldwide. The KG class had a discussion about what they could do to help solve this problem, and they decided to try having an ICE CREAM SOCIAL. A flyer with details is attached. Please come out and support them as they take what they have learned about charity and sadaqah, outside of the classroom and put it into action. Please check out the short video in the link to find out more about Zakat Foundation’s program. https://www.zakat.org/en/join-us-against-hunger/
Please be on the lookout for a pink letter from the Parent Teacher Committee. You may find it in your child’s take home folder and if not, please pick them up from your child’s teacher during conferences. It is about Teacher Appreciation Week.
Regarding the security discussion from last week, I would again like to thank all the parents who voiced their concerns and suggestions last week. I presented your messages to the board at the last meeting, and I think it helped bring this issue onto the radar, so to speak. InshaAllah I will keep everyone informed of any progress made in this regard.
Thank you for signing up for parent teacher conferences. No classes tomorrow (April 12) – have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 18: Preschool Bake Sale
Friday, April 26: NO SCHOOL – School Improvement Day
Please support us in matters of security by doing the following:
– Drop off your student on time between 8:15 and 8:30 every day
— Use only the main door to enter and exit the building
– call in early pick-ups ahead of time
– do not enter the building before dismissal time to use the bathroom for yourself or younger children
– please ask authorized pick up persons not to be offended if the teacher asks their name. Not all teachers or substitutes will know or recognize each child’s parents.
– if someone else is picking up your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school ahead of time to let us know.
– report any suspicious vehicles or persons to myself or Ms. Farhana.
Thank you, wassalaamu ‘alaikum.
ICN Full Time School